Garlic parmesan sauce is a copycat recipe from the famous Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. This creamy garlic sauce is best known as a wing sauce, but it’s perfect for pasta, on pizza, or used as a dipping sauce.
If you’ve ever been to Buffalo Wild Wings, you know how amazing the garlic parmesan sauce is. That’s why I knew I had to make it! I love making copycat recipes of my favorite sauces at home. That way I can enjoy them any time I want! Try my yum yum sauce, the famous Utah fry sauce, or everyone’s favorite boom boom sauce.
What Is Garlic Parmesan Sauce?
This delicious and creamy garlic parmesan sauce originated as a wing sauce from an American restaurant called Buffalo Wild Wings. It’s loaded with garlic, parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and Italian seasonings for added flavor. The sauce is perfect for coating chicken wings, as a sauce for pasta, or as a dip…the possibilities are endless.
This flavorful sauce is so incredible that the restaurant sells it in bottles for customers to buy and take home. I especially love this copycat recipe because not everybody has access to buy this sauce. But why buy it when you can make a big batch at home to enjoy any time you want? Use it as a dipping sauce for this easy wing recipe or as a pizza sauce with my quick pizza dough. It would also be delicious to dip these breadsticks in! I am telling you, this sauce is good on EVERYTHING!
This list is short, sweet, and to the point. You don’t need anything complicated to make this amazing garlic parmesan sauce. In fact, you probably already have most of these ingredients in your kitchen already! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Butter: The melted butter adds a rich buttery flavor to the sauce.
- Garlic: Use fresh minced garlic. This the star of the show in this recipe.
- Italian Seasoning: I love the added flavors from the Italian herbs.
- Flour: Add the flour to make a roux. This helps thicken the sauce.
- Chicken Broth: I use chicken broth, but vegetable broth works as well. Broth helps thin out the sauce making it perfectly dippable and pourable.
- Heavy Cream: Adds to the creaminess of the sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: The other key ingredient in this sauce.
- Kosher Salt and Pepper: Season to taste with salt and pepper. I love using cracked black pepper here!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce
I love this easy garlic parmesan sauce copycat recipe! It’s so tasty and perfect for almost any occasion. I share some of my favorite ways to serve and eat this sauce in the tip box because you have to know ALL the ways! It’s easy to make and so delicious. Here’s how to make this simple sauce.
- Melt the Butter: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add Garlic and Italian Seasonings: Add the garlic and Italian seasonings. Cook until fragrant for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the Flour: Whisk in the flour to form a paste.
- Stir in the Broth: Slowly pour in the broth, whisking constantly until smooth and combined.
- Simmer to Thicken: Bring to a low simmer over medium heat for about 2 minutes then it will thicken.
- Add Heavy Cream and Parmesan Cheese: Add the heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Whisk and heat until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Season With Salt and Pepper: Season to taste with salt and pepper and adjust to your liking.
- Enjoy: Enjoy over pasta, on top of pizza, or as a dipping sauce.
Ways to Use Garlic Parmesan Sauce
If this is your first time hearing of garlic parmesan sauce, then you may be wondering what to eat it with! Well lucky for you, because I’m going to tell you ways to enjoy this sauce and I bet you’ll love it! So don’t overthink it. I can’t wait for you to make this sauce recipe because it’s a good one!
- Chicken: Enjoying this sauce with wings is a given. But any kind of chicken with this sauce would be amazing. Fried chicken, grilled chicken, roasted chicken. Smother your favorite chicken recipe in this sauce.
- Pasta: This makes the best pasta sauce! Toss it with your favorite pasta noodles, ravioli, or tortellini.
- Fried Snacks and Sides: Fried snacks are the perfect companion for this sauce. Chicken strips, fried veggies like zucchini, and french fries of all varieties come to mind!
- Pizza, Bread, and Calzones: Garlic parmesan sauce is the perfect sauce to use in place of pizza sauce. Make white pizzas or chicken calzones. I also serve it as a dipping sauce with my homemade bread twists.
Storing Leftover Sauce
Storing leftover garlic parmesan sauce couldn’t be easier. Put it in an airtight container in the refrigerator because you’ll have yummy sauce to pull from all week. I love it so much!
- In the Refrigerator: You can store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The ingredients may separate as it sits, so give it a quick stir before you use it.
- To Reheat: Slowly is key! Use low temperatures and stir often. If it starts to separate, then slowly whisk it back together over low heat on the stovetop. It is best not to microwave this sauce. It becomes more oily and separates just as easily, if not more.
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
#wprm-recipe-rating-4 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * fill: #343434; #wprm-recipe-rating-4 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-33 svg * fill: url(#wprm-recipe-rating-4-33); #wprm-recipe-rating-4 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-50 svg * fill: url(#wprm-recipe-rating-4-50); #wprm-recipe-rating-4 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-66 svg * fill: url(#wprm-recipe-rating-4-66); linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-4-33 stop stop-color: #343434; linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-4-50 stop stop-color: #343434; linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-4-66 stop stop-color: #343434;
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add the garlic and Italian seasonings. Cook until fragrant for 1 minute.
Whisk in the flour to form a paste.
Slowly pour in the broth, whisking constantly until smooth and combined.
Bring to a low simmer over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until it thickens.
Add the heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Whisk and heat until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and adjust to your liking.
Enjoy over pasta, on top of pizza, or as a dipping sauce.
By: Alyssa Rivers
Title: Garlic Parmesan Sauce
Sourced From: therecipecritic.com/garlic-parmesan-sauce/
Published Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:00:00 +0000