In the video titled “$5 DINNERS | FIVE Quick & Easy Cheap Dinner Recipes Made EASY! | Frugal Fit Mom,” the content focuses on providing viewers with five affordable and kid-approved dinner recipes that cost under $5. The recipes featured include loaded baked potatoes, pasta and sausage, grandma’s potato soup, quesadillas with a twist, and quick sloppy joes. The video also includes a no-bake PB cheesecake recipe for dessert. Additionally, the content mentions the use of budget-friendly ingredients and kitchen tools that can be found at Walmart or Dollar Tree. The speaker offers tips and suggestions throughout the video, such as using store-bought sauce or adding water to incorporate it into the pasta. The emphasis on creating budget-friendly and delicious meals makes this video a helpful resource for those looking for quick and affordable dinner ideas.
In the video, the speaker, Frugal Fit Mom, shares five budget-friendly dinner recipes that are quick and easy to make. The recipes featured in the video are loaded baked potatoes, pasta and sausage, grandma’s potato soup, quesadillas with a twist, and quick sloppy joes. The speaker provides step-by-step instructions for each recipe and offers tips and suggestions along the way. The video also mentions the importance of using affordable ingredients and kitchen tools, which can be found at Walmart or Dollar Tree. With its emphasis on creating delicious and cost-effective meals, this video is a valuable resource for anyone looking to make affordable and tasty dinners for their family.
Welcome to the world of $5 dinners! In this article, we will be exploring budget-friendly meal options that are perfect for those who are looking to save money without sacrificing flavor. These recipes are not only easy to make, but they are also kid-approved, making them a great option for families. We will also provide you with tips on where to find affordable kitchen tools and ingredients at stores like Walmart or Dollar Tree. So let’s dive in and discover the delicious world of $5 dinners!
Frugal Fit Mom
But before we get started on the recipes, let’s talk a little bit about Frugal Fit Mom. Frugal Fit Mom is a YouTube channel dedicated to providing viewers with budget-friendly meal ideas and other money-saving tips. The host of the channel, who goes by the name Frugal Fit Mom, is a mom herself and understands the importance of finding affordable meals that the whole family will love.
Importance of Budget-Friendly Meals
Budget-friendly meals are not only great for your wallet, but they are also essential for those who are trying to make their food budget stretch further. By planning and preparing meals that are low-cost, you can save a significant amount of money in the long run. Eating at home also allows you to have more control over the ingredients and portion sizes, leading to a healthier overall diet.
One of the challenges of cooking on a budget is finding meals that are both inexpensive and kid-approved. Children can be picky eaters, and it can be challenging to find meals that they will enjoy without breaking the bank. Thankfully, the recipes we will be sharing today have been tested and approved by kids, making them a perfect solution for families.
Affiliate Links and Discounts
Frugal Fit Mom also mentions in the video that there are affiliate links and discounts available for certain products. These links and discounts allow viewers to support the channel while also saving money on their purchases. It’s a win-win situation!
Business Email for Inquiries
For those who have any inquiries or business-related matters, Frugal Fit Mom provides a business email where viewers can contact her directly. This shows her commitment to engaging with her audience and addressing any concerns or questions they may have.
Kitchen Tools and Ingredients at Walmart or Dollar Tree
The video mentions that many of the kitchen tools and ingredients used in the recipes can be found at affordable stores like Walmart or Dollar Tree. This is great news for those who are on a tight budget and want to keep their expenses down. The availability of these items at such stores makes it easier for everyone to try out the recipes without breaking the bank.
Now that we’ve covered the basic information, let’s dive into the delicious recipes Frugal Fit Mom has shared in the video. We will provide you with all the necessary ingredients and instructions, as well as additional tips and tricks to make each recipe a success.
Loaded Baked Potatoes
Loaded baked potatoes are a classic comfort food that can be enjoyed as a main dish or a side. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chili or topping of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prick each potato with a fork to prevent them from exploding while cooking.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle them with oil, and season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until they are tender and cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, “floof” them by using a butter knife to push the edges towards each other, creating a fluffy texture.
- Top each potato with chili or your preferred toppings, such as sour cream, cheese, or broccoli cheese sauce.
- Feel free to get creative and customize your loaded baked potatoes with your favorite ingredients.
Pasta and Sausage
Pasta and sausage is a quick and filling meal that the whole family will love. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sausage (Jimmy Dean or Walmart brand)
- Pasta (rigatoni or your preferred shape)
- Sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Salt and pepper
- Broccoli (optional, as a side dish)
- In a large pot, cook the sausage over medium heat until it’s fully cooked and browned.
- While the sausage is cooking, bring a separate pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Once the sausage is cooked, add the sauce to the pot and stir to combine.
- If you’re having trouble opening the sauce seal, gently tap it on the counter to release the pressure.
- To incorporate the sauce into the pasta, add a little bit of water to the pot and stir. The water will help the sauce cling to the pasta and create a delicious coating.
- Serve the pasta and sausage with a side of inexpensive broccoli cuts, cooked to your preferred level of tenderness.
- Season the pasta and sausage with salt and pepper as desired.
Tips for opening a stubborn sauce seal: If you’re struggling to open a sauce seal, a simple trick is to lightly tap the lid on the counter. This will release the pressure and make it easier to open.
Incorporating sauce into pasta: Adding a little bit of water to the pot when mixing the sauce and pasta can help create a smooth and evenly coated dish. The water helps the sauce adhere to the pasta, making each bite more flavorful.
Inexpensive broccoli cuts as a side dish: To add a nutritious and cost-effective side dish to your pasta and sausage meal, consider using inexpensive broccoli cuts. These can be found at most grocery stores and are a great way to round out the meal with some added vitamins and fiber.
Grandma’s Potato Soup
Grandma’s potato soup is a comforting and hearty dish that is perfect for colder months. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- Chicken bouillon
- Salt and pepper
- Evaporated milk
- Cheese (American cheese for authenticity)
- Dehydrated instant potatoes (optional, for thickening)
- In a large crockpot, combine the diced potatoes, onion, water, and chicken bouillon.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the soup on high for 4 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, stir in the evaporated milk and cheese to create a creamy and flavorful soup.
- For added thickness, you can use dehydrated instant potatoes to achieve your desired consistency.
- Allow the soup to cook for an additional 30 minutes to incorporate the added ingredients.
- Serve the potato soup hot and enjoy the comforting flavors.
Thickening the soup with dehydrated instant potatoes: If you prefer a thicker potato soup, you can add dehydrated instant potatoes to the mixture. Simply sprinkle them into the soup and let them cook for an additional 30 minutes to thicken the consistency.
Quesadillas with a Twist
Quesadillas with a twist are a fun and flavorful way to switch up your dinner routine. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Refried beans
- Salt (for flavor)
- Heat a pan over medium heat and lightly oil the surface.
- Place a tortilla in the pan and spread refried beans on half of it.
- Layer chorizo and cheese on top of the beans.
- Fold the tortilla in half to create a quesadilla.
- Cook the quesadilla in the pan until it’s crispy on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat the process for the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Once the quesadillas are cooked, add a sprinkle of salt for extra flavor.
- Slice the quesadillas into wedges and serve hot.
Making crispy quesadillas: To achieve perfectly crispy quesadillas, make sure to cook them over medium heat, allowing the tortilla to brown and the cheese to melt. This will give you a deliciously crunchy texture.
Adding salt for flavor: Don’t forget to add a sprinkle of salt to your quesadillas before serving. This will enhance the flavors and make every bite even more satisfying.
Quick Sloppy Joes
Quick sloppy joes are a classic and easy meal that is sure to please the whole family. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground turkey (or your preferred ground meat)
- Canned green beans
- Barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey over medium heat until it’s fully cooked and browned.
- While the ground turkey is cooking, heat the canned green beans in a separate pot until they are heated through.
- Drain any excess fat or liquid from the skillet with the ground turkey.
- Add the barbecue sauce to the skillet and stir to combine, coating the ground turkey evenly.
- Once the sloppy joe mixture is heated through, serve it on buns for a delicious sandwich.
- Pair the sloppy joes with the heated green beans as a tasty and economical side dish.
- Feel free to cut the sandwich in half to increase the number of servings and stretch the meal even further.
Serving with green beans as a side dish: Canned green beans are an affordable and convenient side dish option for your quick sloppy joes. Simply heat them up and serve alongside the sandwiches for a balanced and complete meal.
Cutting the sandwich in half to increase serving size: If you need to stretch the meal to feed more people or have extra leftovers, consider cutting the sandwich in half for smaller portions. This way, you can make the most out of your ingredients and feed a larger group.
No-Bake PB Cheesecake
No-bake PB cheesecake is a delicious and easy dessert option that requires no oven time. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Whipped topping
- Pre-made graham cracker crust
- Crushed Oreos (optional, for topping)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth and well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until fully incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust, spreading it evenly.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for a few hours, allowing it to set.
- Once the cheesecake is chilled and set, top it with crushed Oreos for an extra crunchy and flavorful touch.
- Slice the cheesecake and serve cold for a creamy and indulgent dessert.
Chilling in the fridge: It’s important to chill the cheesecake in the fridge for a few hours to allow it to set properly. This will give it a firm texture and make it easier to slice and serve.
Adding crushed Oreos as topping: For an extra burst of flavor and texture, sprinkle the top of the cheesecake with crushed Oreos before serving. This will add a delightful crunch and complement the creamy cheesecake filling.
We hope you’ve enjoyed exploring the world of $5 dinners with us! These recipes are not only budget-friendly but also delicious and easy to make. Remember, prices mentioned in the video may have changed since its release, and prices may also vary depending on your location. We appreciate your presence in today’s article and hope you have a happy eating experience trying out these recipes. Stay tuned for more exciting and wallet-friendly content from Frugal Fit Mom. Until next time, happy cooking!