Looking for some delicious breakfast recipes to make your mornings more enjoyable? Look no further than Gordon Ramsay’s collection of mouth-watering dishes. First up, he shares his secret for making the perfect hash browns – grated potatoes and onions cooked to a crisp. Pair these with baked eggs and glazed bacon for a hearty breakfast that will keep you satisfied all day. If you’re in the mood for something healthier, try Ramsay’s birch muesli made with live yogurt, apple juice, oats, and berries. And for a sweet and nostalgic treat, indulge in his eggy bread served with stewed apples. These recipes are sure to awaken your taste buds and make your breakfasts more enjoyable. So why wait? Let’s get cooking with Gordon Ramsay’s 4 delicious breakfast recipes!
1. Hash Browns
Hash browns are a classic breakfast dish that can elevate any morning meal. Made with grated potatoes and onions, they offer a deliciously crispy texture and a burst of flavor. Let’s dive into the ingredients and instructions for making this tasty dish.
- Potatoes (preferably waxy potatoes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Start by grating the potatoes and onion. This will give your hash browns a nice texture and ensure they hold together well during cooking.
- Once grated, season the potato and onion mixture with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Give it a good mix, making sure everything is well coated.
- Now, it’s time to remove excess moisture from the mixture. Squeeze out all the water using a clean cloth or your hands. The less liquid remains, the crispier your hash browns will be.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and pour in a generous amount of olive oil. The sound of the sizzle when you add the mixture to the pan is a good indicator that it’s hot enough.
- Spread the potato and onion mixture evenly in the pan, using a spoon or spatula to press it down and compact it. This will help achieve a nice, compact hash brown.
- To add even more flavor, dot the edges of the pan with small flecks of butter. As it melts, it will caramelize the onions and give your hash browns a delightful taste.
- After a few minutes, when one side has turned golden brown and crispy, it’s time to flip the hash brown. Place a plate on top of the pan and carefully invert it. Then, slide the hash brown back into the pan so the uncooked side is now on the bottom.
- Cook until the new side is crispy and golden brown as well. The total cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your hash brown, but it usually takes around 10-15 minutes.
- Once your hash brown is cooked to perfection, you can use it as a bed for baked eggs or enjoy it on its own. The choice is yours!
2. Baked Eggs with Glazed Bacon
Take your hash browns to the next level by topping them with baked eggs and glazed bacon. This combination is a breakfast dream come true. Let’s get started on the ingredients and instructions.
- Hash browns (previously prepared)
- Cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by preheating your oven to the desired temperature (usually around 375°F to 400°F).
- Place your cooked hash browns in a suitable baking dish, creating a bed for the eggs.
- Carefully crack your eggs and gently place them on top of the hash browns. Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper over the eggs to add a bit of spice.
- Once your oven is preheated, transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for about 6-8 minutes, or until the eggs reach your desired level of doneness. Keep in mind that the eggs will continue to cook slightly after you remove them from the oven.
- While the eggs are baking, let’s prepare the glazed bacon. In a separate pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add bacon slices to the pan, followed by a sprinkle of brown sugar, salt, and pepper. As the bacon cooks, the sugar will caramelize and create a deliciously sweet and savory glaze.
- Cook the bacon until it becomes irresistibly caramelized and golden brown. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of your bacon, but it usually takes around 10 minutes.
- Once the baked eggs and glazed bacon are ready, place the bacon on top of the baked eggs and hash browns. The combination of flavors and textures is truly a breakfast masterpiece.
- Serve your baked eggs with glazed bacon alongside a side of fresh fruit or toast for a complete and satisfying morning meal.
3. Birch Muesli
If you’re looking for a lighter and refreshing breakfast option, birch muesli is the way to go. Made with live yogurt, apple juice, oats, and berries, this recipe is both nutritious and delicious. Let’s gather the ingredients and go through the steps to make it.
- Live yogurt
- Apple juice
- Berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
- Begin by preparing the muesli base. In a bowl, combine live yogurt and apple juice, using about two tablespoons of apple juice. This will sweeten the muesli and add a refreshing taste.
- Sprinkle in the oats, starting with about two-thirds of the desired amount. The oats will absorb the liquid and expand, giving the muesli a nice texture.
- Stir everything together, allowing the oats to soak up the yogurt and apple juice mixture. In just a matter of seconds, you’ll notice the muesli thickening.
- Add the remaining third of oats to achieve different textures within the muesli. Mix everything well to combine all the ingredients evenly.
- In a dry pan, lightly toast the almonds to enhance their flavor. Move them around the pan until they are evenly toasted and have a nice crunch.
- Once the almonds are ready, transfer them to a bowl and set them aside. Almonds are an incredibly healthy addition to muesli, providing extra nutrients and a delightful crunch.
- Now it’s time to add the berries to the muesli. You can use a variety of berries, such as blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Top the muesli generously with the berries, as they add sweetness, tartness, and a burst of color.
- Finally, sprinkle the toasted almonds on top of the muesli to add that perfect crunch. Feel free to be generous with the amount of almonds, as they provide a nice contrast to the creamy yogurt and juicy berries.
- Your birch muesli is now ready to be enjoyed. This quick and easy recipe takes only a few minutes to put together and will leave you feeling energized and satisfied throughout the morning.
4. Eggy Bread with Stewed Apples
Eggy bread, also known as French toast, is a classic breakfast dish that reminds us of childhood memories. Paired with stewed apples, it becomes a comforting and delicious morning treat. Let’s gather the ingredients and guide you through the steps.
- Slightly stale bread (preferably a 4-5 day old loaf)
- Powdered cinnamon
- Begin by slicing your slightly stale bread into thick slices. This ensures that the bread absorbs the egg mixture without becoming soggy. Stale bread is the key to achieving a crispy and delicious eggy bread.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined. Add about four tablespoons of milk to create a thick and rich egg mixture.
- Sprinkle in a couple of tablespoons of sugar to sweeten the mixture and enhance the flavor of the bread. The sugar will also caramelize when frying, creating a beautiful golden brown color.
- For an extra touch of warmth and spice, add a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon to the mixture. This will give your eggy bread a delightful and aromatic taste.
- Now it’s time to prepare the stewed apples. Start by leaving the skins on the apples, as they add flavor and prevent the apples from breaking down too quickly.
- In a heated pan, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of sugar and let it melt into a light caramel. The caramelization process is quite incredible and adds a rich butterscotch flavor to your apples.
- Once the sugar has melted, add the apple chunks to the pan and toss them in the caramel. Cook the apples until they become nicely glazed and caramelized, but still maintain their shape.
- To enhance the flavor of the stewed apples, add a small knob of butter to the pan. This will give them a lovely toffee apple taste, making them even more irresistible.
- Now it’s time to cook the eggy bread. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and swirl it around to coat the surface evenly. As the oil heats up, add a generous amount of butter to create a golden brown crust on the bread.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure both sides are thoroughly coated. Avoid leaving the bread to soak for too long to prevent it from becoming overly soggy.
- Place the soaked bread in the hot pan and fry it until it turns golden brown on each side. Flipping the bread should only take around 90 seconds per side, but keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Once the eggy bread is beautifully golden, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Top it with the stewed apples and drizzle any remaining caramel sauce over the dish.
- To add a final touch, dust the eggy bread and apples with a touch of icing sugar. This will not only make it look stunning but also add a subtle sweetness to the dish.
- Your delicious cinnamon eggy bread with quick stewed apples is now ready to be enjoyed. The combination of flavors and textures will transport you back to those cherished childhood memories.
5. Avocado on Sourdough Toast
Avocado toast has become a popular and go-to breakfast option for many. This version takes it up a notch by adding a zesty lemon and black sesame sprinkle, making it a treat for the taste buds. Let’s gather the ingredients and guide you through the steps.
- Sourdough bread (or any bread of your choice)
- Lemon zest
- Black sesame seeds
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Start by slicing your sourdough bread into thick, chunky slices. Sourdough adds a richness to this dish, but feel free to use any bread you prefer. Toast the slices in a toaster or under a grill until they’re nicely golden brown.
- While the bread is toasting, prepare the avocado. Gently press and roll the avocado to soften it. This will make it easier to remove the skin and slice the avocado.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, and slice it into quarters. With the back of a spoon, scoop out the avocado flesh and fan it out onto the toasted bread.
- Now it’s time to add some flavor and texture to your avocado toast. Sprinkle the lemon zest over the avocado, giving it a refreshing and citrusy kick. Lemon zest adds brightness and complements the creaminess of the avocado.
- Add a sprinkle of black sesame seeds on top of the avocado. These tiny seeds not only provide a pop of color but also add a nutty flavor and a delightful crunch to the dish.
- For a bit of heat and extra flavor, you can add a pinch of chili flakes. This is optional and can be adjusted to your taste preferences. Chili flakes add a kick and bring the entire dish to life.
- Season your avocado toast with a touch of salt and pepper to enhance the flavors. This simple seasoning will help balance out the richness of the avocado and the other toppings.
- To bring all the flavors together, drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top. This will add a smooth and silky texture to the dish, creating a mouth-watering combination.
- Your avocado on sourdough toast with lemon and black sesame sprinkle is now ready to be enjoyed. This quick and healthy breakfast option will kick-start your day on a delicious note.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and these four recipes will help make your mornings more enjoyable. From crispy hash browns to eggy bread with stewed apples, each dish offers a unique flavor and texture. Birch muesli and avocado on sourdough toast provide lighter options without compromising on taste. Whether you’re craving something savory or sweet, these recipes by Gordon Ramsay are sure to satisfy your breakfast cravings. So why not start your day off right with a delicious homemade breakfast that will leave you fueled and ready to tackle whatever comes your way. Happy cooking!